Nordic Walking is one of the fastest growing outdoor fitness activities. Anyone who can walk can Nordic walk. Suitable for most age groups and fitness levels. Not only is it only a great fitness activity it is also sociable and fun.
Nordic walking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get fit, whether you just want a social walk or something to give you a bit more of a work out. Nordic Walking is suitable for all fitness levels and can be done almost anywhere.
Nordic Walking started in Finland as out of season training for cross country skiers and has now become one of the fastest growing recognised fitness activities around the world.
Nordic walking poles unlike the trekking poles not only give stability put also due to the plant being behind you and not in front give you forward propulsion which if the correct technique is used engages the whole of the body.
- Increases maximum oxygen uptake and uses more calories
- Improves Posture
- Relieves Neck & Shoulder Pain and improves neck mobility
- Improves safety of walking
- Allows for the same intensity of running without the high impact
- Enhances mood
- Helps with combating Obesity
- Back Health
- Heart Health
Other Benefits include
- Can be done anywhere
- Easy to learn
- You keep on improving
Who is it suitable for:
- Those of us who don’t enjoy going to the gym but would like to take part in some form of activity.
- Like the idea of outdoor activity and workout
- All ages and fitness levels
Why not come along to one of our Nordic Walking workshops to find out more about Nordic Walking. These will be run once a month. Cost £15 for 2hrs poles included. First workshop Sunday June 5th
We are now please to offer the British Nordic Walking INWA 10 Steps Nordic Walking method